Happy Magickal Monday, Witches! As some of you may know, I have been knocked out for the past week with the flu, so it seems like the perfect time to share this simple and magickal home remedy with you. This syrup is so easy to make and it works like a charm! All you need is an onion, some honey, and a little bit of magick!
I make this syrup anytime I feel a cough (or even a tickle) coming on. Both onion and honey are antibacterial and antiviral, so putting them together makes a pretty powerful concoction. But it’s not just the ingredients that make this potion so powerful, it’s also in the way it’s made.
Be sure you are setting your intent when creating your medicine, always stir in a clockwise motion to speed up healing, and envision healing energies going into any brew you make. If you are making this for someone who is already sick, envision them healing and becoming well as you chop and stir.
Every witch has their own way of doing things,
so there are variations on this recipe out there. When you find your
perfect concoction, don’t forget to put in it your Book of Shadows and
let us know what worked for you in the comments!
What you’ll need:
- ½ small onion (more for a bigger batch)
- Honey, to cover the onion
- Sharp knife
- Bowl or jar to make it in
- Jar for storage
To make it:
- Chop your onion. I dice mine, but you can leave it in thin rings, too.
- Cover the onion in honey and stir clockwise 7 times (to align healing energies). While you stir, send your intentions down through your arm and into your mixture.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and allow to set somewhere dark and warm for about 24 hours.
- Strain into a jar, label, and refrigerate for up to a month.
Originally published 9/19/19